Tuesday, March 27, 2018

what's up today

 - I'm planting my snow peas (inside) today,
 - my little sweet pea seeds (in wet paper towels) are getting tails,
 - my artichoke seedlings are starting their 10 day vernalization (below 50F) out on my patio
 - my tomato seeds are planted (17 varieties), but they haven't sprouted yet
 - my vegetable garden is totally free of snow now!!
 - my garlic and my mom's are up - nice little 3 inch sprouts
 - and I think I may be able to start filling my salad bowl from my winter tunnel greens this week!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

so glad my sweet pea method is working for you... I learned it from enchanting sweet peas....as soon as they get their tails pot each in a 2 inch pot... make sure the soil is damp, not wet and wait for the first sprout to break ground before you water again...put them in good light....I cover my flat with a dome so they don't dry out...remember no heat.. nw organic gardener

Anonymous said...

Any info on growing artichokes from seed? I’d love to try this year!

kathy said...

Yes, I’ll try to do a post on my artichokes from seed soon.