Thursday, October 05, 2017

today's harvest

harvest IMG_0490 harvest IMG_0488 harvest IMG_0486

I picked my first ears of popcorn today. The variety is Calico, the same as I grew two years ago. That crop would never pop for me but was very pretty. I'm leaving the ears on the stalk longer this year - until the husk is fully dried. And I'm hoping it will pop.

I also pulled a bunch of shell beans - Black Turtle Soup. I'll hang them til they dry, then shell them. I have a lot more still waiting for harvest.

And I picked all of my pepper that were close to mature. I want to have as many as I can for roasting and freezing tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Do you try to pop it on the cob in the micro wave?

kathy said...

That's a great idea. I've never tried that. It sounds like fun. We always use a Whirly Pop and pop it on the stove top.