Friday, March 31, 2017

planting peas and spreading compost

Another snow storm is heading for us. We're supposed to get 8 inches of heavy snow tonight. Who knows how long this will prevent me from gardening. So, my solution, get as much gardening done before the storm.

Yesterday I planted peas in my back yard garden. Two rows: Oregon Giant snow peas and Sugar Snap snap peas. This morning I covered up my winter bed with row cover and plastic. Then I drove up to Mom's house and spread a beautiful 2 inch layer of compost (2 c. yards) on her garden. I was a little short of time to plant Mom's peas since the snow was getting heavy. Maybe I can clear snow from her garden tomorrow and plant those peas!

planting peas IMG_0512
spreading compost IMG_0562
spreading compost IMG_0559 spreading compost IMG_0568

3 comments:

Matron said...

It is an exciting time in the vegetable garden, (always assuming you dont get 8" of snow!) Looking forward to getting back into the garden. xxx Matron

Anonymous said...

My sister recommended this blog and I love it! Great content. The dogs have great camouflage.

kathy said...

Thanks!

Yes, my dogs are the same color as the soil. In this post they are mostly covered with soil (dirt?) wet and muddy