Sunday, November 02, 2014

snow on Suzie

The first snow is a big event. Not necessarily a happy one though... Suzie's fur collected the flakes though it melted everywhere else it fell.

snow on Suzie IMG_2469 I was asked about Suzie and Skippy. They are Portuguese water dogs. Both bred locally by C-Lion PWDs. Skippy is 9 and Suzie is 1 year old. They are fantastic dogs, very active and smart. They both love the water and boats. They are a people oriented breed and stay very attentive to me. They thrive on challenges and learning new things. We did some agility training this summer and I'm starting a new obedience class next week with Suzie. Skippy has done agility and therapy work. They don't have a lot of gardening skills, but have learned quickly to stay off the garden beds ("paws off!"). We walk before I garden and then they lie down and absorb the sun while I work in the dirt.

3 comments:

Lady of LaMancha said...

Oops! I stand corrected. It's funny how we don't have an Portuguese water dogs here in Spain (probably because we don't have any water!).

kathy said...

Are labradoodles as popular in Spain as they are in the US?

There is a great Italian water dog puppy in Suzie's new obedience class. Also a tall black labradoodle and a small poodle.

I felt embarrassed in the class because I forgot that Suzie is in heat when I signed up. I let her go through her first season as the breeder recommended it, then forgot to schedule her spay appointment in time, so her we are with another season to go through. They were fine with it in the class. She wore her panties - a nice well-worn black pair her breeder lent me.

But the class was very nice and I am looking forward to the rest of the series. Suzie did puppy K and knows the stuff in this Beginner Obedience class, but she needs a refresher and so do I. She knows the command "down" but was testing me with just how fast or how far down she needed to go before she got her treat. I guess I have been lax. Good to refresh, especially with other puppies.

garden gal said...

Nothing like a good garden companion!