Thursday, August 08, 2013

suzie in the garden

suzie 117
Suzie had a fun walk through my garden the other day. She explored the shadows under the squash vines, hopped around on the sweet potato bed - and THEN - she found the radicchio! Ahh, the perfect vegetable...

She climbs up into the big leafy heads - each leaf is round, green and bigger than her, the perfect size to curl up in - and she snuggles into the shady inner part of the plant then settles down and begins to nibble. A bit of this leaf, a bit of that one. I think she would have stayed there all day....

A couple days later. I brought a few radicchio leaves home for her and she had just as much fun. She sneaked up on the pile of leaves and grabbed one. Then, quick as a rabbit, ran to the dining room with the leaf that was bigger than her. She alternated shaking it and eating it. That leaf didn't stand a chance against such ferocity (such cuteness...). She ate two entire leaves! (Yes, her tummy has been fine.)

(Unfortunately, my radicchio plants are almost all big green leaves now with tiny centers just beginning to form. Since it is so late in the season, they will probably bolt before they head. I was late planting it this year.)
suzie and skip 124 suzie and skip 090

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh my - she's so adorable! And I love how happy Skippy looks to have a new sister!

Mike the Gardener said...

love the main photo where your dog is peeking through the leaves .. I could never get my dog to sit still long enough to get such a photo

Bacon said...

That is the cutest thing ever!
Liveintheyard.blogspot.ca

sharon said...

Hi have just discovered your blog, it is wonderful. Your puppy is gorgeous! I will certainly be back.

Diane C said...

That kind of reminds me of the photos taken of human babies snuggled in cabbage plants. Susie is just adorable and Skippy seems happy.

Nichole said...

Suzy is adorable! I love the picture of her peeking out among the leaves. Cuteness indeed!

Unknown said...

The two look like they are doing very well together : )

Anonymous said...

I love the pictures of your dog with your garden. It's lovely to read your blog.

alice said...

She is adorable!!! and Skippy looks so proud (or so I think).

alice said...

Adorable!!! And Skippy looks so proud (or so I think)