Monday, April 15, 2013

update

I've been preoccupied the past few weeks with a couple things and have neglected my blog: Firstly, our community garden's annual Spring Work Day was last weekend. As the coordinator for the Gardens, this took a lot of my time for planning. Second, I took a week of vacation in the beautiful Bermuda sunshine to recharge after a long New England winter. Both the Work Day and Bermuda were wonderful and I hope to post descriptions and photos of each, as well as get back to regular posts.

It's the best time of year now, it seems to me. So much anticipation. In my mind and in little seed pots, I have gardens taking shape. I have empty canvases of dirt to fill. Tiny pea and beet sprouts are coming up in my community plot. And I finally have dirt under my nails and there is SUN.

6 comments:

Pamela @ Brooklyn Farm Girl said...

This is my favorite time as well. The too cold to garden has broken, the sun is shining down and I can feel it, nails are full of soil, seeds are planted, the watering can is out. Now we wait...

Hughes ap Williams said...

I was just checking to see if you and those you care about were okay...

kathy said...

Yes, thank goodness. What a day. I was home watching the marathon on TV as I worked, then shut it off and went to the garden just before the blasts. Sadly, many people are not OK.

Cary said...

Glad you are okay Kathy. Praying for Boston.

Mike the Gardener said...

Sun, dirt, seeds, plants ... is there anything else this time of year? :)

Nichole said...

Bermuda sounds nice! I've been checking your blog a lot lately and look forward to seeing your garden bloom!