Sunday, September 30, 2012

lettuce varieties

I wanted to record photos of the lettuce varieties I am growing this fall. They are a nice mix of colors. All except the Simpson did well with the summer heat. The Simpson bolted and I had to harvest it before the head was full. I think the Skyphos has grown the slowest, maybe because it was under the squash leaves when it was small. I think it may also be the prettiest.

lettuce Butterhead Green, Ermosa 081 lettuce Butterhead Green, Ermosa 082 Butterhead Green Ermosa

lettuce Butterhead Red, Skyphos  071lettuce Butterhead Red, Skypho 072 Butterhead Red Skyphos

lettuce red summer crisp Teide 063 lettuce black seeded simpson 067 Red Summer Crisp Teide and Black Seeded Simpson

lettuce green summer crisp Nevada 068 lettuce green summer crisp Nevada 065 Green Summer Crisp Nevada

Can't say any of these are my favorites, like Big Boston or Prizehead or Oaky Red Splash.

2 comments:

Shyra said...

wow! That is some varieties. So cool page indeed. I am just glad you shared such page.

Shyra @ http://www.egarages.com.au/

Hulya Demir said...

This year my garden down the drain with my 3 weeks of travel in no rain season and blight on tomatoes mildew on squash but even than nature gave me some good crab :]

I probably will be moving to Seattle this year so will not be doing any fall gardening as I was planning.

I love looking at your pictures and reading your stories about them. That mouse shore knows comfort..lol..

Have a great day gardeners :]
Huli