Tuesday, July 24, 2012

beans sowed and picked

I planted some bush green beans today and calculated when they should be ready to pick.

Maxibel (a French/filet bean), 50 days, expect to harvest around Sept 12
Jumbo (a flat Italian bean), 55 days, expect to harvest around Sept 17

These will be my last bean plantings as this harvest dates will be the end of bean season.

I also sowed some dill seeds next to the beans. It was very old seed, so I hope it sprouts. Dill matures in 40-60 days.

My purple bush beans, planted this spring, have been producing a small harvest for me for the past week or so. I picked a meal of them today. My second planting of bush beans (Roma and more purple beans) is just beginning to bloom. My pole beans are half way up their poles.

1 comment:

Adventures in Agriburbia said...

I need to find some time to plant some more Southern peas! Is there a specific reason you planted dill next to the beans (some companion planting logic)?