Saturday, May 07, 2011

Fenway community gardens

fenway 064
fenway 063 fenway 061
fenway 046 fenway 034

I wandered through the Fenway Victory gardens in Boston during their Open Gardens Day last weekend. Beautiful! They have wonderful spring bulbs, rock pathways, birds, and roses on arched gates. I now have many new ideas for my garden.

They have a several community designated plots. One is full of wheelbarrows of different sorts for gardeners to use. Another has several large planting beds for seedlings and divisions gardeners want to share. They also are beginning a demonstration garden to show ow to build raised beds and grow vegetables. All of the vegetables they grow in this plot will go to a local food bank.

Too many photos. Here's a link to my photo show: Boston Fenway Garden's.

fenway 036

4 comments:

Vanessa said...

Wow those pictures are great, thanks so much for sharing! I love how some of the areas feel very English cottage garden. I love going on garden walks when other communities open up their gardens to the public, it is always so inspiring!

Potted Farm said...

I love those gardens. The pride people take in their plots and the history are amazing. It looks great this year, I should wander up that way and take a look!

Kelly said...

What interesting gardens, I enjoyed going through the slide show.

Marian(LondonUK) said...

Beautiful, isn't it fascinating how different people structure, plant and use their plots or gardens. A place of peace and calm spirit in this mad old (but beautiful) world.
Marian (LondonUK)