Wednesday, February 02, 2011

cleared off cold frame

My son went out this evening and cleared the heavy snow and ice layer off of my cold frame (for a small fee...). It was a good foot of heavy ice and slush and I was afraid it would crush the panels. We have not had a winter like this that I can remember and the panels were not designed to hold hundreds of pounds of weight. The panels still look fine. Now they are ready to get covered with another snow layer again - I hear another storm is coming on Saturday.

8 comments:

Hazel said...

It seems a year for strange weather...all around the world.

meemsnyc said...

I don't remember a winter quite like this one. Ugh, really, another storm!!

kathy said...

The open refrigerator door from then arctic. What a winter!

Marian(LondonUK) said...

It is peculiar, the past two years have been extraordinarily snowy winters for us too, and as Hazel says strange all over the world.
Marian (London UK)

Pete said...

Good idea to clear off the cold frames. I know I have one broken window already. Usually, the snow is not a problem.

Anonymous said...

Wow! What a lot of snow. So much so that the ground hog did not see his shadow so spring is approaching. Maybe it will be a snowy spring this year. (Did the travelers make it to your meeting?)

kathy said...

we canceled the meeting :(

doccat5 said...

And I thought we had some snow.......frankly better you than me. 5 years in Minnesota cured me of my love for snow. LOL Nice looking gardening setup.