Sunday, April 11, 2010

Work Day

Copy of BVG work day 037
Copy of BVG work day 025 Copy of BVG work day 065
Copy of BVG work day 027 Copy of BVG work day 015
Copy of BVG work day 032 Copy of BVG work day 050
Copy of BVG work day 060
Copy of BVG work day 064 Copy of BVG work day 061
Copy of BVG work day 074 Copy of BVG work day 054
Copy of BVG work day 085 Copy of BVG work day 086
Copy of BVG work day 091
Copy of BVG work day 101 Copy of BVG work day 111
Copy of BVG work day 126 Copy of BVG work day 124

We had a fantastic Work Day at the Belmont Victory Garden on Saturday! It was really amazing to see how much work we got done!! And everyone seemed to be having such fun. Nothing like happy gardeners. I supervised the work details and assigned photography duties to a super photographer. He took 200 photos and in all of them, everyone is smiling! (Except maybe the rock moving crew.) I love to look back at all the smiling faces.

We also assigned 6 or 8 plots to new gardeners. Looks like we'll have an additional 20 or so ready to assign in a week or two.

By the way, that's me in the red jacket and yellow tee shirt.

Copy of BVG work day 119 Copy of BVG work day 079
Copy of BVG work day 107

10 comments:

Gardener on Sherlock Street said...

Nothing like a good day working in the garden. Even better with friends!

sarahsvegetablepatch said...

That looks like thoroughly satisfying work!

Kelly said...

I saw your bit about the Cuke martini, etc., in the magazine, congrats on that again!

kathy said...

HI Kelly, I just today finally got to see a copy of GROW (Vol 3), a vegetable gardening publication of Fine Gardening. My cucumber martini feature is on page 58. (Makes me thirsty!)

Also on page 83 and 85 are photos of my garden. They did a really nice job with these articles.

Dan said...

Looks like quite a busy place. Isn't spring great, can't help but smile. Good luck with the upcoming season.

m said...

Great stuff. It's lovely to see people getting together and enjoying themselves even though the work is hard. I bet everybody went home glowing from the fresh air and exercise.
Marian (LondonUK)

Kalena Michele said...

I wish I had more friends to do this with. I enrolled in a gardening class so I'm hoping to get more acquainted with like-minded people.

Matron said...

If proof were needed that getting out in the garden makes you smile!! lovely pics! :-)

Stacy said...

That looks like it was so much fun!

Anonymous said...

wonderful pictures!

I love the newness of spring
you get the chance to try something new or a do-over
and have it grow exceptional!

it is all good within the garden!