Friday, April 23, 2010

my side yard garden

aerial April 22 2010

Lots of chores after returning home to my gardens:

- To all side yard beds, added composted, turned and buried irrigation lines
- Potatoes planted in far left bed: All Blue, Cobbler, Green Mountain and Butte Russet. I'll leave the irrigation line above the soil for now in this bed.
- Marigolds planted along front of cold frame
- Spread old salt hay between beds (not quite enough - I'd like to get more)
- Admired all the green in the cold frame

4 comments:

Kalena Michele said...

Looking good!!

Anonymous said...

Is your irrigation system like a soaker hose (millions of micron holes) or does it have drip emitters?

You're garden is starting to take off!

kathy said...

My irrigation system has little holes in solid tubing. I like it because it has lasted for nearly 10 years now. Soaker hoses need to be replaced yearly I think.

I will add a label/link to info on the system.

Lisa said...

What great cold frames! Hope your greens are doing well.

Lisa