Monday, January 26, 2009

happy Chinese New Year - the year of the Ox

chinese new year

The Chinese New Year's Celebration is called the "Spring Festival."

A Chinese proverb states that all creations are reborn on New Year’s day. The Chinese New Year is a celebration of change ... out with the old and in with the new!

The Ox is a Keeper of tradition, who maintains a classic and sophisticated style. Iron-willed, they remain true to their beliefs. A strong leader, their hard work and dedication are an inspiration to all. Ox people never stray from their chosen path.

(By the way, I was born in the Year of the Dog: Noble & true, the Dog will fight to mend all that is unjust. A loyal & faithful friend, Dogs make any sacrifice for the sake of another. They will never abandon their post. A genuine listener and confidant, the Dog is the keeper of all secrets.)

新年快樂 (happy new year!)

3 comments:

Matron said...

I've just celebrated the Chinese New year with a veggie stir-fry! complete with fresh broccoli and spinach leaves from the garden (alas I do not yet grow my own waterchestnuts or bamboo shoots!) Gung Hay Fat Choi!

kathy said...

Wow. A great celebration. If I did fresh garden vegetables we would only be eating kale. But I went for the Chinese take-out instead. Very good and easy.

Anonymous said...

I'm also born in the Year of the Dog :-) Happy Chinese New Year!