Saturday, September 15, 2007

Dad's pumpkin

pumpkin
My parents have a beautiful pumpkin ripening in their garden. A real nice one! The vine is crawling out across the lawn and my dad carefully mows around it. It looks like they will be able to make a nice jack-o-lantern for Halloween. Or a pumpkin pie.

I have bad news about my pumpkin flower - it did not set. Oh well. :(

(My little Olympus Stylus 720SW camera has a lot of trouble with the combination of orange and green - pumpkin and grass. It does great with the blues of water scenery. I've tried hard to adjust the colors to look natural. Here's the original. Aaargg.)

Pumpkin -- Cucurbitaceae spp.

my dad's garden

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am totally blown away by the quality of your photos. Wonderful sharp detail and lovely composition.

kathy said...

Thanks!

I use Flickr to upload my photos. It allows higher resolution than many upload services. Most of my photos are shown at 500x300px.

I enjoyed visiting you site and have linked to it so I can follow your garden. Thanks for leaving a comment!