Tuesday, March 27, 2007

pepper sprouts

two sprouts one sprout
It is now 12 days after I planted pepper seeds (on March 15). Lots of little sprouts have come up. The pepper package said the seeds would sprout in 10-21 days (at 70F) and then be ready to plant in the garden in about 8 weeks (about May 15). I've been incubating these seeds at about 75F by keeping them next to a light under my fish tank. I found I had to keep a sheet of glass over them, as they dried out very fast without it. Once the sprouts get a bit bigger I will bring them out to a window sill.

S&P

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

can u let us know what the rss feed is for your blog? i have tried adding index.xml to the link, but no luck.

thanks.

Anonymous said...

They look great! I'm glad the fish tank worked, it was a good idea.

kathy said...

Sorry, but I do not even know what RSS is. I was thinking of looking it up, but haven;t. Just one of things I haven't had time for.

kathy said...

Well, I did work on the RSS feed a bit. I added some code to my template and there is now a section towards the bottom of my sidebar that allows you to subscribe to my posts (using atom). Please let me know if anyone would like me to add more. I am sorry that I do not personally use RSS feed and am not yet familiar with the issues/process.

Anonymous said...

Your having better luck with your peppers than me, maybe i need a fish tank :)

kathy said...

I enjoyed looking at your blog, Dee. Good luck with your newly sown peppers. The first plant looks great!