Wednesday, February 28, 2007

reminiscing and planning

sunflower tomato martini drawing squash flower
chard aster watercolor carrots
July garden oilpaint
June garden drawing
These are more photos of my garden from last year. I edited them yesterday with software that makes them look like paintings. I like the bright colors. As I look at them, I am wondering what this year's garden will be like...

I am finding photos very helpful for planning. This spring, I will remove a couple of bushes on the house side of the path (bottom of photos), which will add about 50 sq ft of additional space. The tomatoes, eggplants and peppers will go there. Should be warm and sunny against the house. The beans and peas that crowded my pink rose (on the fence) last year will be better off where the tomatoes are this year. I will use innoculant to get them going in the new location. The two middle beds will hold low row crops: carrots, lettuce, beets, etc. I'll move the cukes and summer squash to the far right bed.... I have a planting diagram that I drew up a couple of months ago. I'll do a quick revision of it before spring planting so I remember these plans.

2 comments:

Gotta Garden said...

I like bright colors, too! Those are really neat!

Tea said...

It`s great how a picture can be changed into a colourful painting. I love your garden ones along the side too. It`s so nice to see some green with all this snow!

tea
xo